[Note: March 24, 2020 – This short newsletter was circulated in early September 2019 before making a speaking tour on Route 36 from late September through the third week of October.]
Three announcements in this newsletter:
- The book is out and available for purchase at www.amazon.com. Look for the book title or for “Ferguson” and “Route 36.” (If you are receiving this as a retailer, a library, a museum, gift shop, or other wholesale buyer, please contact us for prices and terms.)
- Second, the Route 36 website is up and running.
- Third, I will be on the highway promoting the book during late September through the third week of October.
[I then described my itinerary, inviting readers to contact me for further speaking opportunities.]
By the way, this book is a serious piece of work—264 pages, 6 state chapters, 2 chapters of transportation history, 164 images, 45 town-centered essays, a bibliography, chronology, and index. Route 36—America’s Heartland Highway is a great gift idea for anyone interested in U.S. highway history and great American road trips.
- Please forward this newsletter to anyone you think might be interested in Route 36. They can join our mail list at www.us36guidebook.com.
- Next up: A report on my experience on the highway from Colorado to eastern Ohio in October.
‘til then, get your kicks on Route 36—